- Ask people closest to you including friends, neighbors, family and even co-workers for their recommendations.
- Ask your family pediatrician or local pharmacist.
- If you’re moving, ask your current kids dentist to make a recommendation.
- Contact your local or state dental society. The AAPD provides a list of local and state pediatric dentists, www.aapd.org. Look in the area that states “find a pediatric dentist”.
- Most importantly, make sure to look at the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry website for a list of board-certified pediatric dentists in your area. This is probably the most important tool to determine whether your pediatric dentist is board-certified or not.
The AAPD suggests calling or visiting more than one pediatric dentist before selecting one. Be sure to ask the office for a tour before you schedule your appointment.
What Should I Look For When Choosing a Pediatric Dentist?
In your search for dentistry for kids in Bothell, WA be sure to look at the facebook forums that discuss local experiences with dentists in your area. If you live in Bothell, WA and are in search of a pediatric dentist in Bothell, WA, you should find someone others have expressed being comfortable with and facebook groups make that very easy. Mom’s from all over town write about their experiences with the local pediatric dentist can be comfortable with.
To find a pediatric dentist to meet your needs, consider asking the following questions as a starting point:
- What are the office hours? Are they convenient for you and your child’s schedule? Children are busy with school and other tasks just as you are. Checking their schedule makes it easier to coordinate times where they don’t have to miss school.
- Is the pediatric dentist office easy to get to from work or home?
- Where was the pediatric dentist educated and trained?
- What’s the pediatric dentist’s approach to preventive dentistry?
- How often does the pediatric dentist attend conferences and continuing education workshops?
- What type of kids dental sedation is offered at the dentist office. Is this a board-certified pediatric dentist, with an active sedation license to properly administer sedation for your child?
- What arrangements are made for handling kids emergency dentist needs outside of office hours?
- Is information provided about all fees and payment options before treatment is scheduled? Is the office willing to be transparent with the out-of-pocket costs associated with your visit to a kids dentistry in Bothell, WA?
- Do a search on google for a pediatric dentist near me to find the pediatric dentist that is closest to your residence. Distance matters a lot when you are visiting the pediatric dentist every 6 months.
- Find out what insurances the pediatric dentist office accepts at their office. Here are some search examples to look at:
When visiting the pediatric dentist office, do the Following:
- Does the kids dentist office appear to be clean, neat, and orderly? Do all areas of the office and equipment in the treatment rooms appear clean?
- Are the dental staff and assistants kind and helpful to your child and are willing to answer all your questions?
- Observe the pediatric dentist and staff wearing gloves and other protective equipment during patient care?
All of the information provided in this guide is to help you in your search to find the Best pediatric dentist near you.